Giving Back & Community Spirit
My-Chosen Cafe is proud to give back to the Metchosin community in which we work and play.
Our sponsorships and charitable donations include:
- Sooke Minor Hockey Association
- BC Bantam Female Hockey Provincial Championships
- Bite Me Fishing Derby
- Prostate Cancer awareness, education and research
- Belmont Senior Secondary
- Westmont Montessori School
- Hans Helgesen Elementary School
- Colwood Elementary School
- Juan de Fuca Minor Hockey Association
- Crystal View Elementary School
- Metchosin Preschool
- Queen Alexandra Foundation
- Metchosin Golf Club Seniors
- Sooke Lions Club
- Kidneys on the Move
- Lighthouse Christian Academy
- David Cameron Elementary School
- Saunders Family Foundation
- Wild Arc Animal Rehabilitation
- Westshore Rebels
- Victoria Hospice
- Happy Valley Elementary
- Sangster Elementary
- Victoria Riding for the Disabled
- Metchosin Comminity House
- Metchosin Hall Society
- Plus many other charities.
Annual Santa’s Charity Pancake Breakfast:
This fun event is a great opportunity for the community to come out, support a local cause and get a little one-on-one time with Santa, who has been putting aside the morning on Christmas Eve for us for the past 7 years. To date, this event has raised $24523.90, shared between Ronald McDonald House Charities, Boys and Girls Club, Jeneece Place and the Westshore Food Bank.
A special thank you to our staff who donate thier time during this event as well as our suppliers for thier donation of product... B&C Food Distributors, Sysco Victoria, Islands West Manufacturers, Gordon Food Services and Portofino Bakery.